"Cyrus-92onwards!!"

A very warm welcome to my blog. You can check out my latest articles here.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My contribution for F.D. Sheikh's article on Independence Day!



INDEPENDENCE DAY!






What does Independence Day connote to you in Actual?

Independence Day means a lot to me. I’m the smallest member of my family. You must have heard that the youngest member of a family bears with a lot of disgrace, problems and retaliation and he has all most all the responsibilities on his shoulders. Similarly, if we talk on an unprecedented case; it’s now our responsibility to show our enthusiasm and love for our country. Because our forefathers have done their job, the government is trying its best. But the destiny is still in our hands!

How does Independence Day Influence a countrymen “Psychologically”?

I have a very realistic approach towards the Independence Day. As far as other people are concerned, (specially the youth) I would like to refer to the fact
"THE SUN RISES IN THE EAST; BUT UNFORTUNATELY, WE LOOK FOR WISDOM TO THE WEST!"

You are a writer, I'm a writer, the third one might also be a writer, but every youngster of our country does not act on their conscience! We_ writers try our level best to keep the standard of our country high but still there are people who being Pakistani citizens, speak for the indignity of their own country. Despite this, I believe, there is a big space for Pakistan in the heart of every citizen. The Independence Day is not merely a day of Independence but a state of mind that overpowers you and makes you realize how much you love your country!

Do you believe in/go side by side with our typical style of marking Independence Day (by crooning songs, raising flags, affirming ostensible promises to ourselves/homeland etc) or does it seem merely a “hollow shell” for limited period of time to you?

Of course, I believe in typical style of marking Independence Day (I won’t say typical because it’s the part of our culture) but if you really want to know the answer of this question, I would promptly say “I want Junoon band back on Independence Day” I think their songs especially the Sufi rock epic songs like “Khudi Ko Kar Buland Itna” and “Pakistan Kabhi na bhulo” can still play a great role in raising the enthusiasm among the youth!

How do you mark this special day and how should it be marked?

Pakistan is an under-developed country and for the limited period, she is facing some big problems like load shedding, political disorder etc. That’s why it would not be affirmative to say (for this limited period) how it should be marked. But as I said “The destiny is in our hands” we can still overcome these problems and repair our country!

I would end by sharing a lovely poem of mine with the Pakistani Youth on this 62nd Independence Day!

(ENTHUSIASM)

Enthusiasm…
Along with stress
For hopeless friends
Would lead to success
Enthusiasm…
Find in your hearts…
Search in your souls
Before you confess
Solely you are,
Blink of a star…
God is to you,
The nearest!
From your reach
He is not far
Anonymous he is
But clearest!
Spring is not…
Far behind
The world isn’t yours…
The world is mine…
One will not agree…
Without hard work
Try your best…
And you will shine…
God will on you…
Bless your wills
Iqbal is witness
Of this line!
Work! Work! Work!
And only Work…
Quaid for you;
Had spoken fine
Enthusiasm…
Is waiting for you…
Get up my friends.
It’s looking for you…
Its time to show…

How deep you go…
Enthusiasm…
Will be leading for you…

(Cyrus-92onwards)



No comments: